Error updating windows 7 sp1
Then, I go on to install my Video drivers (ASUS Nvidia Ge Force 660 Direct CUII), USB drivers, and other peripheral drivers. Then, before I install Kasperksy Antivirus (to rule out the possibility of a conflict) I begin updating Windows 7. Running CCleaner to clear out my registry, with no effect. Currently, I have lost 4 days of both work and school because of this problem, and I am pulling my hair out attempting to figure this issue out.
Now, after the first set of updates, which is something like 102 critical updates, and after I restart my computer, Chrome does not work anymore. Apparently there are, and have been similar cases like mine (on the internet), however, none of the suggestions that I have found have worked in my case.
There are a few that were ‘pre-selected’ that I ‘un-selected’, either because I believed that it could potentially cause a problem with Chrome, another process or service within my system, or simply because I did not need it, and the update was not critical.
In addition, because I installed almost all of my hardware/peripheral driver’s pre-windows update, Windows update never had these drivers on its update list.
The last 5 times that I have installed Windows 7, I would not even install Kaspersky, my one and only antivirus/malware security suite, therefore, it was not even present to cause a conflict on a fresh install. In addition, I know that my plugins are backed up by Google, therefore, I even went as far as to create a ‘new’ Google account (fresh), with no plugins, and I still receive the same effect, post-windows update.
3) Yes, I have tried this, and all of my bookmarks, extensions, and history is sync’d.
NET framework, and every major web-browser currently available), and it is crucial that everything works in harmony.
Now, I have not even begun to install anything (other than Windows 7), and I am already experiencing the same issue repeatedly. When I install Windows 7, I ‘disable’ Windows from performing their ‘automatic updates’.
What is happening is I cannot get Chrome to access the internet, at all. It is crucial for me to have this service, since this is my #1 choice for internet browsers, and (since I develop web-sites) I require it to work out cross-compatibility issues.Okay, I am about to lose it, literally, because I cannot resolve this issue, and this is the ‘only’ place I know of where I can get some sound advice.I had recently wiped my hard drive clean, to do a fresh install of Windows 7.I cannot work without this, so please, I do not need Firefox, Opera, IE, etc… I require as many popular browsers as possible, so that I may perform my ‘job’ as best as I can, and in all honesty, I find that chrome suites my profession better than other browsers.Now, with that out of the way, every browser that I have installed (IE, Opera, Firefox, Safari) all work fine, except for Chrome, and I only experience this problem after I update Windows 7.